COMNET Predictor is designed to extract timely performance planning data about a network.
COMNET Predictor generates reports and charts illustrating how changes affect network performance based on imported baseline data from existing network management and traffic-monitoring tools and test scenarios. Measures of delay and utilization as well as predictions of where bottlenecks may appear are given.
Use COMNET Predictor to:
- Reduce the cost of operating a network by eliminating risky decisions and avoiding costly mistakes
- Justify network upgrades before poor performance requires them
- Validate your upgrade requirements
- Manage the risk of constant network change
- Prove that service level agreements can be met
- Present evidence to justify your proposals to customers and prove that your plans should be implemented
- Predict when and where a network will develop performance problems
- Predict which network devices, WAN links, or LANs will run out of capacity first
- Identify the applications or protocols causing congestion
COMNET Predictor identifies potential problems and recommends design improvements, including:
- When to upgrade resources to avoid critical utilization thresholds
- Which bottleneck resources to upgrade to benefit high-volume users
- Which resources to upgrade to minimize delays
- Where to reduce network capacity to save money
COMNET Predictor complements COMNET III by quickly identifying scenarios that warrant detailed simulation studies. You can export COMNET Predictor models to COMNET III to get detailed reports.
COMNET Predictor Software Version:
Physical Location or link to software: CD in the comms cabinet
Corporate Home Page: HTTP://www.caciasl.com
Product Corporate Home Page: HTTP://www.caciasl.com/comnetpredictor.html
Quick Start Guide:
Hard-Copy Documentation Location: ?
Corporate Training: HTTP://www.caciasl.com/comnet_train_sched.html
Other Available Training: